Rizzo is Director for Medical Virtual Reality at the University of Southern California. He mostly works with VR and post-traumatic stress disorder, but has also found applications in helping people with autism and ADHD.
Donnelly’s article covers Rizzo’s research and details how it works. He describes Bravemind, a total conversion mod of Full Spectrum Warrior created at USC that Rizzo uses for his post-traumatic stress patients and discusses how VR entering the consumer market has helped curb expenses.
- “How Virtual Reality Is Revolutionizing Clinical Therapy and Treatment Rehabilitation” by Joe Donnelly, Vice Gaming
- “These Games Explore the Struggle to Seek Psychological Help” by Joe Donnelly, Vice Gaming
- University of Southern California’s Institute for Creative Technologies official website
- Albert Rizzo’s USC staff page
- Joe Donnelly’s official website
- Vice Gaming’s Mental Health Bar series tag
featured image from the University of Southern California’s Institute for Creative Technologies and is believed to be used in accordance with Fair Use.